Church Ministries Overview
The Pentecostal Assemblies of the West Indies (PAWI) views Church Ministries as all the activities and responsibilities of the church of Jesus Christ in pursuit of the accomplishment of its biblically defined mandate in the world. The Ministry of the church may be viewed from various perspectives. According to Matthew 28: 19-20, the church is instructed to go into all the world and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them and teaching them to observe the commands of Christ. This is the “Great Commission” to which PAWI subscribes.
Moreover, the goal of Christian Ministry is the equipping of the church for the work of Christian Ministry. To adequately do this, will require teaching the doctrine of Christ, engaging believers in prayer, fellowship with each other and Christ, evangelizing, extending care and compassion to those to whom we minister. At the heart of our pursuit will be our love for, and our service to God. It is against this backdrop that PAWI’s Church Ministry ( YM; MM; etc) is established.
The Christian Education Department exists for the purpose of changing the lives of people of all ages through training and a systematic study of the word of God.
- To equip for service.
- To build foundations for Christian living.
- To seek to develop a healthy relationship with one another.
- To reach, teach and win others to Christ.
- To cater to the needs of the whole person.
The PAWI Men’s Ministry Department exists for the purpose of equipping, empowering, challenging and motivating men to realize their full divine potential.
- To be a global leader in the home, Church, workplace and community while utilizing all our resources to evangelize the world for Christ.
- To provide an atmosphere that will accommodate the changing needs of today’s woman.
- To minister to every woman according to her needs.
- To help each woman find her personal place of ministry.
- Helping believers attain Christian maturity.
- Making opportunities for new women to accept the Lord as their personal Saviour.
- Acts of Kindness – Working together through the W.M. can establish regular or occasional acts of kindness to your community.
- Interest Groups – These groups are established to bring women together around a mutual interest or vision. It is a tool for evangelism to reach out to friends and neighbours.
- Service Programmes – Hospital Ministry; Prison Ministry; Ministry to the Elderly; Ministry to Young Mothers etc.
- Major Events – Planned 2-4 times a year specifically for the purpose of Evangelism and Outreach. Using the theme to its maximum both in spiritual and practical planning
The PAWI General Youth Ministry Department exists to promote the necessity of a relationship with Christ and to coordinate, empower and facilitate the holistic development of youth within the Fellowship.Its overall goal is to foster the holistic growth of the local church as it fulfills its mandate.
- To provide leadership training opportunities for leaders and prospective leaders within the Districts on an ongoing basis.
- To foster and facilitate the development of the gifting, talents, and abilities in the lives of our youth.
- To be a leading voice throughout the region on the current issues that affect youth.
- To establish policies and plans for funding of the department.
- To establish and maintain a vibrant Mission programme.